been a rough couple of days here. last week we got the mortgage paperwork in the mail. as it turns out, they're requesting weird shit from us. one of the main things is that dave's job offer letter isn't sufficient. he needs a letter from his new employer essentially stating dave's ready and able to walk right onto the job. since they have govt contracts, one of the conditions for his employment is to get his top secret clearance. that takes awhile. he has to get this clearance before we get our loan. that's stupid. he's already had it before, so that's our saving grace at this point. the bottom line is they're making us jump through way more hoops than the normal folk, and even our loan agent doesn't know why. this latest kink threw us into a freakout - we were told that they might not be able to make our closing date. with at least 4-5 other offers, we thought (and still think) it wouldn't take much for the sellers to just move on. we're hoping the hassle of that would stop them from doing it, but in these situations you just never know.
friday dave called me at work to tell me niko was drooling. badly. leaving puddles of spit everywhere he went. the day before he'd been sneezing. friday he also threw up once. knowing niko as i do, i knew dave getting him to the vet wouldn't be doable. not because dave isn't capable, but because the one single carrier we have is about 2 sizes too small for niko's lard ass and he knows what that carrier means. the first appt we could get required my leaving work early. and sure enough it took us both to squeeze him into that crate. the vet said it was an upper respiratory infection. he had a fever of 103. they gave him antibiotics and a subcutaneous injection of 150cc of NaCl. i'm still blown away that that's how the bring kitty fevers down. we took him home afterwards. saturday he was worse - wasn't eating, wasn't moving. we took him back and they wanted to keep him for IV fluids. he's still there.
last monday i told my manager that we were leaving. it took me until friday to tell my doc. as to be expected, her response was essentially irritation at the added work and not that i'm leaving. whatever. i dreaded telling her. as it's turned out, i have more work to pack into these last 2.5 weeks than i've done over the last 5 months combined. we're having to give another dose of synagis and that's a huge hassle. the doc who makes that decision told me FINALLY on friday morning that we needed to. i immediately start calling parents to schedule. an hour later he tells me we can hold off for another week before deciding if it's needed. UGH. i'd already gotten ahold of 18 of 23 sets of parents by that point. it was just a huge mess. still is. even after i get through this group on wednesday, most likely he'll pull the same crap on me next friday for the next wednesday dose. makes my job very hard and annoying. the other side of the job drama is that i've somehow taken it upon myself to find my own replacement. i don't know why. it'd be considerably easier to just write down my processes, divvy out my duties as possible and go on my merry way. but no. i open my mouth and now get to train someone i can't really understand very well. when she speaks, i mean. her english isn't great. now i get to deal with that, train her, and cover all my bases in 2.5 weeks. oh and 4 clinic days. i would give anything to just be done with work today.
i want my furry child back. they advise we don't even come to see him. they say his symptoms flare when he's stressed and they think he'd be stressed if we came and didn't take him home. i'm not doing well with sick babies. sasha is now acting sick. he has an obviously sore throat and is gagging. he's still eating and drinking though, so i'm not taking him to the vet until tomorrow unless he just nosedives tonight.
fun times here!
No comments:
Post a Comment